Man jailed for assaultJuly 17,2013Man jailed
A Brandon man pleaded innocent to charges of second degree aggravated domestic assault and possession of heroin.
Keith Decker, 42, was in Rutland’s criminal court Tuesday to answer to the felony and misdemeanor charges that carry a combined sentence up to six years in prison. He was held at the Rutland jail for lack of $20,000 bail.
According to court documents, police responded to a home near Kendall Avenue in Rutland Monday night, where Jennifer Brewster said Decker, her boyfriend, has been physically abusing her for a long time and that she feared for her life.
Brewster said she and Decker were having an argument regarding his vehicle and when she turned to leave, he told her that he was going to kill her before she returned to her mother.
Decker was arrested later that evening. While he was searched at the Rutland jail, a wax paper bag containing heroin was found in his front shorts pockets.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.