Man jailed for assaultJuly 17,2013Man jailed
A Brandon man pleaded innocent to charges of second degree aggravated domestic assault and possession of heroin.
Keith Decker, 42, was in Rutlandís criminal court Tuesday to answer to the felony and misdemeanor charges that carry a combined sentence up to six years in prison. He was held at the Rutland jail for lack of $20,000 bail.
According to court documents, police responded to a home near Kendall Avenue in Rutland Monday night, where Jennifer Brewster said Decker, her boyfriend, has been physically abusing her for a long time and that she feared for her life.
Brewster said she and Decker were having an argument regarding his vehicle and when she turned to leave, he told her that he was going to kill her before she returned to her mother.
Decker was arrested later that evening. While he was searched at the Rutland jail, a wax paper bag containing heroin was found in his front shorts pockets.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic,historic and epigrammatic data... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.