Man jailed for assaultJuly 17,2013Man jailed
A Brandon man pleaded innocent to charges of second degree aggravated domestic assault and possession of heroin.
Keith Decker, 42, was in Rutlandís criminal court Tuesday to answer to the felony and misdemeanor charges that carry a combined sentence up to six years in prison. He was held at the Rutland jail for lack of $20,000 bail.
According to court documents, police responded to a home near Kendall Avenue in Rutland Monday night, where Jennifer Brewster said Decker, her boyfriend, has been physically abusing her for a long time and that she feared for her life.
Brewster said she and Decker were having an argument regarding his vehicle and when she turned to leave, he told her that he was going to kill her before she returned to her mother.
Decker was arrested later that evening. While he was searched at the Rutland jail, a wax paper bag containing heroin was found in his front shorts pockets.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.