Man jailed for assaultJuly 17,2013Man jailed
A Brandon man pleaded innocent to charges of second degree aggravated domestic assault and possession of heroin.
Keith Decker, 42, was in Rutlandís criminal court Tuesday to answer to the felony and misdemeanor charges that carry a combined sentence up to six years in prison. He was held at the Rutland jail for lack of $20,000 bail.
According to court documents, police responded to a home near Kendall Avenue in Rutland Monday night, where Jennifer Brewster said Decker, her boyfriend, has been physically abusing her for a long time and that she feared for her life.
Brewster said she and Decker were having an argument regarding his vehicle and when she turned to leave, he told her that he was going to kill her before she returned to her mother.
Decker was arrested later that evening. While he was searched at the Rutland jail, a wax paper bag containing heroin was found in his front shorts pockets.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.