Police ID drug suspectJuly 17,2013Police have identified a man they say refused to provide his real name following a drug bust in Clarendon.
Johnathan Gonzalez, 22, from Brooklyn, N.Y., had been identified in court records as “John Doe” at his arraignment on heroin possession chargesMonday in Rutland criminal court.
Police issued a press release earlier Tuesday morning providing the suspect’s real name. The release does not state how police obtained the information. Police said Gonzalez previously identified himself as Jose Munez, 15, and Jose Morales, 16, both of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Gonzalez was one of four suspects arrested in a heroin bust Sunday in Clarendon. Two other suspects were also arraigned Monday and a third has been released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Gonzalez is currently held at the Rutland jail for lack of $50,000 bail.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.