Police ID drug suspectJuly 17,2013Police have identified a man they say refused to provide his real name following a drug bust in Clarendon.
Johnathan Gonzalez, 22, from Brooklyn, N.Y., had been identified in court records as “John Doe” at his arraignment on heroin possession chargesMonday in Rutland criminal court.
Police issued a press release earlier Tuesday morning providing the suspect’s real name. The release does not state how police obtained the information. Police said Gonzalez previously identified himself as Jose Munez, 15, and Jose Morales, 16, both of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Gonzalez was one of four suspects arrested in a heroin bust Sunday in Clarendon. Two other suspects were also arraigned Monday and a third has been released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Gonzalez is currently held at the Rutland jail for lack of $50,000 bail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!