Police ID drug suspectJuly 17,2013Police have identified a man they say refused to provide his real name following a drug bust in Clarendon.
Johnathan Gonzalez, 22, from Brooklyn, N.Y., had been identified in court records as “John Doe” at his arraignment on heroin possession chargesMonday in Rutland criminal court.
Police issued a press release earlier Tuesday morning providing the suspect’s real name. The release does not state how police obtained the information. Police said Gonzalez previously identified himself as Jose Munez, 15, and Jose Morales, 16, both of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Gonzalez was one of four suspects arrested in a heroin bust Sunday in Clarendon. Two other suspects were also arraigned Monday and a third has been released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Gonzalez is currently held at the Rutland jail for lack of $50,000 bail.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.