Police ID drug suspectJuly 17,2013Police have identified a man they say refused to provide his real name following a drug bust in Clarendon.
Johnathan Gonzalez, 22, from Brooklyn, N.Y., had been identified in court records as “John Doe” at his arraignment on heroin possession chargesMonday in Rutland criminal court.
Police issued a press release earlier Tuesday morning providing the suspect’s real name. The release does not state how police obtained the information. Police said Gonzalez previously identified himself as Jose Munez, 15, and Jose Morales, 16, both of Brooklyn, N.Y.
Gonzalez was one of four suspects arrested in a heroin bust Sunday in Clarendon. Two other suspects were also arraigned Monday and a third has been released on a citation to appear in court at a later date.
Gonzalez is currently held at the Rutland jail for lack of $50,000 bail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.