Pittsford murder suspect attempts suicide in jailStaff Report | July 19,2013A Pittsford man awaiting trial in jail on a charge of murdering his girlfriend tried to hang himself in his jail cell, according to a Vermont Department of Corrections official.
Christopher Sharrow, 35, was taken to a Boston hospital after an unsuccessful suicide attempt, according to Al Cormier, superintendent of the St. Johnsbury jail where Sharrow has been incarcerated since his arraignment on July 8.
Cormier said he didn't know which hospital Sharrow was taken to, but he believed he was in stable condition.
Sharrow pleaded innocent to a second-degree murder charge brought by prosecutors who say he beat and strangled Kristen Parker, 32, who he lived with along with her three children. Sharrow is the father of two of Parker's children.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.