16-year-old passenger dies in Vt. crashThe Associated Press | July 19,2013SHELDON - Vermont State Police say a car crash in the town of Sheldon has killed a 16-year-old passenger.
Investigators say the driver, 17-year-old Tristan Cameron of St. Albans, lost control of the car after failing to safely negotiate a corner at about 2 p.m. Thursday. The car was struck on the passenger side by an oncoming dump truck.
Cameron suffered minor injuries. His passenger, Tyler Rheaume of Sheldon, was taken to Fletcher Allen Medical Center and died early today.
Police are investigating the crash.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.