Motorcycle crash leads to DUIJuly 22,2013Motorcycle crash
leads to DUI
GUILFORD — Police said a Vernon man was under the influence of alcohol when he crashed his motorcycle into the back of a van Friday evening.
Around 6 p.m., Vermont State Police responded to a crash on Route 5. According to police, Brian A. Cobb, 36, was riding a motorcycle when he tried and failed to pass a van. Instead, police said, he drove his motorcycle into the rear of the van.
Cobb was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released. None of the occupants of the van were injured.
After receiving medical treatment, police charged Cobb with drunken driving and released him with a citation to answer the charge Aug. 6 in Brattleboro criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.