Crash injures 2 in West PawletJuly 22,2013WEST PAWLET — Two New Hampshire residents were listed in fair condition following a motorcycle crash Saturday afternoon.
Vermont State Police responded to the crash on Route 30 around 3:30 p.m. According to police, Ricky Sprague, 56, of Hinsdale, N.H., was riding north near the intersection with North Pawlet Road when he lost control of his 2004 Kawasaki motorcycle.
According to police, the motorcycle slid on its side before striking a wooden fence. Both Sprague and his passenger — Joanne Sprague, 50, of Hinsdale, N.H. — were taken to Rutland Region Medial Center, where they were listed in fair condition Sunday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.