Woman indicted for witness intimidationJuly 22,2013The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY - A federal grand jury has indicted 21-year-old Vermont woman on a charge of witness intimidation for allegedly burning down a camp in retaliation against a drug informant.
Rebecca Ray of Barton was indicted Thursday for setting fire to the camp in Brownington on July 11, the day after her boyfriend, 34-year-old Matthew Pure of Barton, and her boyfriend's brother were arrested for allegedly selling heroin to the informant.
The Caledonian Record (http://bit.ly/12VzHO4 ) reports that state police Detective Jason Luneau wrote in an affidavit that Ray said she dumped gasoline on the house and lit it on fire but knew nobody was there at the time.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.