Woman indicted for witness intimidationJuly 22,2013The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY - A federal grand jury has indicted 21-year-old Vermont woman on a charge of witness intimidation for allegedly burning down a camp in retaliation against a drug informant.
Rebecca Ray of Barton was indicted Thursday for setting fire to the camp in Brownington on July 11, the day after her boyfriend, 34-year-old Matthew Pure of Barton, and her boyfriend's brother were arrested for allegedly selling heroin to the informant.
The Caledonian Record (http://bit.ly/12VzHO4 ) reports that state police Detective Jason Luneau wrote in an affidavit that Ray said she dumped gasoline on the house and lit it on fire but knew nobody was there at the time.MORE IN This Just InBillings Farm & Museum in Woodstock will host its annual Baby Animal Day on Saturday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.