Woman indicted for witness intimidationJuly 22,2013The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY - A federal grand jury has indicted 21-year-old Vermont woman on a charge of witness intimidation for allegedly burning down a camp in retaliation against a drug informant.
Rebecca Ray of Barton was indicted Thursday for setting fire to the camp in Brownington on July 11, the day after her boyfriend, 34-year-old Matthew Pure of Barton, and her boyfriend's brother were arrested for allegedly selling heroin to the informant.
The Caledonian Record (http://bit.ly/12VzHO4 ) reports that state police Detective Jason Luneau wrote in an affidavit that Ray said she dumped gasoline on the house and lit it on fire but knew nobody was there at the time.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation