Woman indicted for witness intimidationJuly 22,2013The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY - A federal grand jury has indicted 21-year-old Vermont woman on a charge of witness intimidation for allegedly burning down a camp in retaliation against a drug informant.
Rebecca Ray of Barton was indicted Thursday for setting fire to the camp in Brownington on July 11, the day after her boyfriend, 34-year-old Matthew Pure of Barton, and her boyfriend's brother were arrested for allegedly selling heroin to the informant.
The Caledonian Record (http://bit.ly/12VzHO4 ) reports that state police Detective Jason Luneau wrote in an affidavit that Ray said she dumped gasoline on the house and lit it on fire but knew nobody was there at the time.MORE IN This Just InSaturday's women's basketball game between College of St. Full StoryA business development study recommends replacing "shop locally" with "you can find it here." Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.