Motorcycle chase leads to arrestJuly 22,2013Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION ó A motorcyclist who led police on a pursuit through downtown White River Junction on Saturday afternoon was arrested after he turned onto a dead-end street behind St. Anthonyís Catholic church, police said.
Evan Marsh, whose age and hometown were not immediately available, ended up dumping his motorcycle on the lawn of house right at the end of Maplewood Terrace and surrendering without incident, police said.
Hartford Police Officer Eric Clifford first tried to pull Marsh over for a minor traffic infraction at the top of Schoolhouse Hill on Route 5 near Hartford High School.
But he said Marsh led him on a chase that saw Marsh jump over the median in the middle of Urban Bridge, which spans the White River, in an effort to lose the pursuing cruiser.
As a number of other Hartford officers began converging on the area, Clifford said, Marsh wound his way through the downtown with residents and bystanders on sidewalks pointing out to police which way the motorcycle had gone.
Marsh was arrested and processed for attempting to elude police.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.