Motorcycle chase leads to arrestJuly 22,2013Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A motorcyclist who led police on a pursuit through downtown White River Junction on Saturday afternoon was arrested after he turned onto a dead-end street behind St. Anthony’s Catholic church, police said.
Evan Marsh, whose age and hometown were not immediately available, ended up dumping his motorcycle on the lawn of house right at the end of Maplewood Terrace and surrendering without incident, police said.
Hartford Police Officer Eric Clifford first tried to pull Marsh over for a minor traffic infraction at the top of Schoolhouse Hill on Route 5 near Hartford High School.
But he said Marsh led him on a chase that saw Marsh jump over the median in the middle of Urban Bridge, which spans the White River, in an effort to lose the pursuing cruiser.
As a number of other Hartford officers began converging on the area, Clifford said, Marsh wound his way through the downtown with residents and bystanders on sidewalks pointing out to police which way the motorcycle had gone.
Marsh was arrested and processed for attempting to elude police.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.