• Springfield McDonald's set to be torn down, rebuilt
    July 23,2013
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    By Susan Smallheer
    Staff Writer

    SPRINGFIELD – The Springfield McDonald's restaurant will be torn down next week, company officials said Tuesday.

    The restaurant, at the corner of Route 106 and Route 11, will be open for business on Sunday, July 28, but close for about 90 days, said Howard Williams, maintenance and technical supervisor for Coughlin Inc., the Rutland-based owner of the restaurant.

    Williams said the restaurant's 60 employees would be placed in Coughlin's other 18 McDonald's restaurants in the region. The closest one is in Claremont, N.H.

    Company officials earlier this year had announced plans to demolish the 1970s-era restaurant and replace it with a more modern, energy efficient one with two drive-up windows.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN This Just In

    WEST HARTFORD — A teenager was killed and another person was critically injured when... Full Story

    One dead, one critical after train mishap
    Police in Rutland are looking for three people accused of taking about $1,000 worth of winter... Full Story

    Officials in two districts at the Rutland South Supervisory Union are proposing large cuts... Full Story

    More Articles