Police: Marijuana found after chaseJuly 24,2013Police: Marijuana
found after chase
A Rutland man was arrested Monday night on two charges after a short car chase through the city.
Vermont State Police say they tried to stop Brandon Davis, 31, on Woodstock Avenue for failing to stop at a stop sign.
Davis allegedly sped off and turned onto Bellevue Avenue before stopping.
He was taken into custody and a search of his car found 2 ounces of marijuana, police said.
Davis was charged with attempting to elude police and possession of marijuana. He was cited to appear in court in September.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.