Man charged with baseball bat assaultJuly 24,2013Charge is denied
in assault with bat
A man who allegedly struck another man multiple times with an aluminum baseball bat during a fight Monday in Poultney denied a felony charge in Rutland criminal court Tuesday.
Timothy S. Petty, 46, of Poultney pleaded innocent to aggravated assault, which carries a potential 15-year jail sentence.
Judge Theresa DiMauro released Petty on a $5,000 unsecured bond and on court-ordered conditions that he stay away from Eugene Webster, the man he allegedly hit with the bat.
Vermont State Police said they arrested Petty after a fight in front of his home on Maple Street in Poultney at around 6:15 p.m. Monday. Police said Petty used the bat to hit Webster in the leg, arm and head.MORE IN This Just InBELLOWS FALLS - A government merger between the village of Bellows Falls and the town of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation