2 named to Vt. economic development, marketingThe Associated Press | July 26,2013MONTPELIER - The woman who helped grow Eating Well Media Group has been named Economic Development Commissioner for Vermont.
Lisa Gosselin of Stowe was named to the position Thursday.
Before serving as editorial director at Eating Well and launching eatingwell.com, Gosselin helped expand publications in California, Pennsylvania and New York, and served as editor-in-chief of Audubon, a magazine created by the National Audubon Society.
Gosselin was a senior brand manager at Kelliher Samets Volk in Burlington, working with clients including Dynastar, Ryka, New England Culinary Institute and McGill University.
Also, Nancy Driscoll has been appointed Chief Marketing Officer for the state. She replaces Kathy Murphy, who will be leaving to oversee marketing and communications efforts at Norwich University. Driscoll served as chief of staff for Lt. Gov. Phil Scott.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.