West Mountain Animal Hospital hosts Aug. 3 open houseJuly 27,2013Animal hospital
hosts open house
BENNINGTON — West Mountain Animal Hospital is hosting an open house Aug. 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. to celebrate almost 35 years as an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association.
West Mountain announced recently that it had again achieved the highest level of veterinary excellence following a thorough reevaluation of the hospital’s patient care, practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service by the AAHA.
In a statement, Michael Cavanaugh, chief executive officer of the AAHA, congratulated West Mountain for “vigilantly keeping up with advancements in veterinary medicine.”
“They are clearly committed to doing their very best as evidenced by the hard work and effort they put into this voluntary process,” he said.
Those who live near West Mountain, on Harwood Hill in Bennington, are invited to come to the open house and tour the hospital. There will be food and prizes at the event.
For more information, call West Mountain at 447-7723 or visit the website at www.wmah.net.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.