West Mountain Animal Hospital hosts Aug. 3 open houseJuly 27,2013Animal hospital
hosts open house
BENNINGTON — West Mountain Animal Hospital is hosting an open house Aug. 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. to celebrate almost 35 years as an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association.
West Mountain announced recently that it had again achieved the highest level of veterinary excellence following a thorough reevaluation of the hospital’s patient care, practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service by the AAHA.
In a statement, Michael Cavanaugh, chief executive officer of the AAHA, congratulated West Mountain for “vigilantly keeping up with advancements in veterinary medicine.”
“They are clearly committed to doing their very best as evidenced by the hard work and effort they put into this voluntary process,” he said.
Those who live near West Mountain, on Harwood Hill in Bennington, are invited to come to the open house and tour the hospital. There will be food and prizes at the event.
For more information, call West Mountain at 447-7723 or visit the website at www.wmah.net.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: Workers on this day... Full StoryTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Josh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.