West Mountain Animal Hospital hosts Aug. 3 open houseJuly 27,2013Animal hospital
hosts open house
BENNINGTON — West Mountain Animal Hospital is hosting an open house Aug. 3 from 1 to 4 p.m. to celebrate almost 35 years as an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association.
West Mountain announced recently that it had again achieved the highest level of veterinary excellence following a thorough reevaluation of the hospital’s patient care, practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service by the AAHA.
In a statement, Michael Cavanaugh, chief executive officer of the AAHA, congratulated West Mountain for “vigilantly keeping up with advancements in veterinary medicine.”
“They are clearly committed to doing their very best as evidenced by the hard work and effort they put into this voluntary process,” he said.
Those who live near West Mountain, on Harwood Hill in Bennington, are invited to come to the open house and tour the hospital. There will be food and prizes at the event.
For more information, call West Mountain at 447-7723 or visit the website at www.wmah.net.MORE IN This Just InBRATTLEBORO — As a nationally known meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.