Ludlow man to be arraigned on $8,000 theft chargeJuly 29,2013MOUNT HOLLY — A Ludlow man is scheduled to be arraigned today on charges related to the April theft of nearly $8,000 in sporting equipment.
Vermont State Police said they responded to a burglary complaint at a residence on Fenn Road in Mount Holly on April 12. According to police, someone broke into the home and stole a pair of Specialized racing bicycles — valued at $7,600 — and some ski equipment.
Police later found the bicycles for sale and allegedly traced them back to Justin Clouart, 24. According to police, Clouart was in possession of the equipment around the time of the burglary and sold the equipment to others.
Friday, police located Clouart during a traffic stop in Weathersfield. Police charged Clouart with possession of stolen property. He was held in Springfield prison on $12,000 bail and is expected to appear today in Rutland criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.