JERICHO — Vermont State Police said a motorist was killed when his van veered off a road, crashed into a metal culvert and slid on its side into a utility pole in the town of Jericho.
Police said emergency crews had to use extrication equipment to free 17-year-old Elijah Davis of Jericho, who was pronounced dead at the scene early Sunday.
Police said the van was traveling west on Route 15 in Jericho shortly after midnight when the vehicle left the road while approaching an intersection with Raceway Road. Police said it hit the metal drainage culvert head-on. The impact knocked the van onto its side before it slid roof-first into the utility pole.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation