Police: Sex offender failed to complyJuly 30,2013Police: Sex offender failed to comply
BRATTLEBORO — A Newfane man was arrested for failing to comply with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry, police said.
Christopher Mattson, 49, was supposed to be arraigned last week in criminal court in Brattleboro. Judge John Wesley issued a warrant for Mattson’s arrest and he was arrested Friday on Main Street at his place of employment.
Police said Mattson was handcuffed and taken to Brattleboro barracks for processing and then transferred to Springfield prison. Police did not say when Mattson’s next court appearance will take place.MORE IN This Just InSOUTH BURLINGTON — Vermont Gas Systems announced this morning to members of the news media... Full StoryWASHINGTON ó Two senior Islamic State group leaders were killed in U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.