Police: Sex offender failed to complyJuly 30,2013Police: Sex offender failed to comply
BRATTLEBORO — A Newfane man was arrested for failing to comply with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry, police said.
Christopher Mattson, 49, was supposed to be arraigned last week in criminal court in Brattleboro. Judge John Wesley issued a warrant for Mattson’s arrest and he was arrested Friday on Main Street at his place of employment.
Police said Mattson was handcuffed and taken to Brattleboro barracks for processing and then transferred to Springfield prison. Police did not say when Mattson’s next court appearance will take place.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.