Police: Sex offender failed to complyJuly 30,2013Police: Sex offender failed to comply
BRATTLEBORO — A Newfane man was arrested for failing to comply with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry, police said.
Christopher Mattson, 49, was supposed to be arraigned last week in criminal court in Brattleboro. Judge John Wesley issued a warrant for Mattson’s arrest and he was arrested Friday on Main Street at his place of employment.
Police said Mattson was handcuffed and taken to Brattleboro barracks for processing and then transferred to Springfield prison. Police did not say when Mattson’s next court appearance will take place.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.