Community Tree Forum tonightJuly 30,2013@$ID/NormalParagraphStyle:Community tree forum tonight
WINDSOR — There will be a free community tree forum at 7 p.m. tonight at the Windsor Welcome Center. Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Program staff members will present why trees are a community asset and offer community tree stewardship guidelines, volunteer and training opportunities and tree care resources. Informal discussions will also take place after the presentation.
Tree enthusiasts, tree wardens, Select Boards, town managers, community planners, road managers, town attorneys, conservation commissions, parks and recreation personnel and arborists are encouraged to attend.
The Windsor Welcome Center is at 3 Railroad Ave. in Windsor. For more information call Michael at 674-2522 or by email at Mtq72@comcast.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.