Community Tree Forum tonightJuly 30,2013@$ID/NormalParagraphStyle:Community tree forum tonight
WINDSOR — There will be a free community tree forum at 7 p.m. tonight at the Windsor Welcome Center. Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Program staff members will present why trees are a community asset and offer community tree stewardship guidelines, volunteer and training opportunities and tree care resources. Informal discussions will also take place after the presentation.
Tree enthusiasts, tree wardens, Select Boards, town managers, community planners, road managers, town attorneys, conservation commissions, parks and recreation personnel and arborists are encouraged to attend.
The Windsor Welcome Center is at 3 Railroad Ave. in Windsor. For more information call Michael at 674-2522 or by email at Mtq72@comcast.net.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.