Community Tree Forum tonightJuly 30,2013@$ID/NormalParagraphStyle:Community tree forum tonight
WINDSOR — There will be a free community tree forum at 7 p.m. tonight at the Windsor Welcome Center. Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Program staff members will present why trees are a community asset and offer community tree stewardship guidelines, volunteer and training opportunities and tree care resources. Informal discussions will also take place after the presentation.
Tree enthusiasts, tree wardens, Select Boards, town managers, community planners, road managers, town attorneys, conservation commissions, parks and recreation personnel and arborists are encouraged to attend.
The Windsor Welcome Center is at 3 Railroad Ave. in Windsor. For more information call Michael at 674-2522 or by email at Mtq72@comcast.net.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.