John J. Curtis Sr. RitesJuly 31,2013John J. Curtis Sr. Rites
PROCTOR — A funeral service for John J. Curtis Sr., 72, who died July 26, 2013, in Rutland, was held Monday, July 29, in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Officiating was Father Dwight MacPherson, priest and rector of All Saints Anglican Church.
Burial was held in Riverside Cemetery in Proctor, by the Rev. MacPherson.
Musicians were Julie Curtis and Casey Curtis.
Vocalist was John S. Curtis.
The eulogy was given by Christopher Curtis, a son.
A reception followed at Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.