John J. Curtis Sr. RitesJuly 31,2013John J. Curtis Sr. Rites
PROCTOR — A funeral service for John J. Curtis Sr., 72, who died July 26, 2013, in Rutland, was held Monday, July 29, in the Clifford Funeral Home.
Officiating was Father Dwight MacPherson, priest and rector of All Saints Anglican Church.
Burial was held in Riverside Cemetery in Proctor, by the Rev. MacPherson.
Musicians were Julie Curtis and Casey Curtis.
Vocalist was John S. Curtis.
The eulogy was given by Christopher Curtis, a son.
A reception followed at Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.