Gov. Shumlin to talk workforce developmentThe Associated Pres | July 31,2013MONTPELIER - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin is heading to the Cabot Cooperative Creamery headquarters to talk about job training.
Shumlin spokeswoman Susan Allen says the governor will be talking about re-prioritizing the millions of dollars in job training funds it gets each year from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Vermont's job training needs are changing, in part due to the major economic development initiative under way in northern Vermont. But the changes are expected to apply to employers around Vermont, many of whom say they need more trained workers.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation