Police: Man stole copper pipes, dollar from cruiserAugust 01,2013Staff Report
Police say a Rutland man stole copper piping from the Dana School building and a dollar bill from a police cruiser.
Nicholas Seck, 31, was arrested Thursday on a number of charges after a police dog located him hiding under insulation in an East Street basement.
In addition to cutting pipes from the vacant former school, police said, Seck is also charged with possession of brass stolen from a Mendon property.
While Seck was transported to the Rutland jail, police said they caught him stealing a dollar from a Vermont State Police cruiser. Police said, he said he needed it to buy a cigarette in jail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation