Couple arrested in connection with Addison County break-insAugust 01,2013Staff Reports
ADDISON - An Addison couple was arrested this week as part an ongoing police investigation on 103 reports of burglary in Addison County, police said.
Raymond Ritchie, 37, and his girlfriend Nicole Burgos, 29, were taken into custody Wednesday after police seized numerous items that were believed to be stolen at Ritchie's home on Algonquin Drive in Addison.
Police said during a second search of the house thousands of items were recovered including jewelry, silver and sports memorabilia.
Ritchie was charged with three counts of unlawful trespass and three counts of possession of stolen property. Additional charges may be forthcoming for Ritchie related to the burglaries and thefts.
Burgos was charged with one felony count of marijuana cultivation and is set to appear in court Aug. 26.
Ritchie appeared Thursday in criminal court in Middlebury and pleaded innocent to the charges against him. He was ordered
jailed for lack of $100,000 bail.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and the recovered items are being documented and prepared to be viewed by the victims.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.