Couple arrested in connection with Addison County break-insAugust 01,2013Staff Reports
ADDISON - An Addison couple was arrested this week as part an ongoing police investigation on 103 reports of burglary in Addison County, police said.
Raymond Ritchie, 37, and his girlfriend Nicole Burgos, 29, were taken into custody Wednesday after police seized numerous items that were believed to be stolen at Ritchie's home on Algonquin Drive in Addison.
Police said during a second search of the house thousands of items were recovered including jewelry, silver and sports memorabilia.
Ritchie was charged with three counts of unlawful trespass and three counts of possession of stolen property. Additional charges may be forthcoming for Ritchie related to the burglaries and thefts.
Burgos was charged with one felony count of marijuana cultivation and is set to appear in court Aug. 26.
Ritchie appeared Thursday in criminal court in Middlebury and pleaded innocent to the charges against him. He was ordered
jailed for lack of $100,000 bail.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and the recovered items are being documented and prepared to be viewed by the victims.MORE IN This Just InThe cameras appearing atop some city intersections are a new trigger system for the traffic signals. Full StoryA Hubbardton man charged with murdering two electricians who came to his rental home in February ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.