Couple arrested in connection with Addison County break-insAugust 01,2013Staff Reports
ADDISON - An Addison couple was arrested this week as part an ongoing police investigation on 103 reports of burglary in Addison County, police said.
Raymond Ritchie, 37, and his girlfriend Nicole Burgos, 29, were taken into custody Wednesday after police seized numerous items that were believed to be stolen at Ritchie's home on Algonquin Drive in Addison.
Police said during a second search of the house thousands of items were recovered including jewelry, silver and sports memorabilia.
Ritchie was charged with three counts of unlawful trespass and three counts of possession of stolen property. Additional charges may be forthcoming for Ritchie related to the burglaries and thefts.
Burgos was charged with one felony count of marijuana cultivation and is set to appear in court Aug. 26.
Ritchie appeared Thursday in criminal court in Middlebury and pleaded innocent to the charges against him. He was ordered
jailed for lack of $100,000 bail.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and the recovered items are being documented and prepared to be viewed by the victims.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.