Couple arrested in connection with Addison County break-insAugust 01,2013Staff Reports
ADDISON - An Addison couple was arrested this week as part an ongoing police investigation on 103 reports of burglary in Addison County, police said.
Raymond Ritchie, 37, and his girlfriend Nicole Burgos, 29, were taken into custody Wednesday after police seized numerous items that were believed to be stolen at Ritchie's home on Algonquin Drive in Addison.
Police said during a second search of the house thousands of items were recovered including jewelry, silver and sports memorabilia.
Ritchie was charged with three counts of unlawful trespass and three counts of possession of stolen property. Additional charges may be forthcoming for Ritchie related to the burglaries and thefts.
Burgos was charged with one felony count of marijuana cultivation and is set to appear in court Aug. 26.
Ritchie appeared Thursday in criminal court in Middlebury and pleaded innocent to the charges against him. He was ordered
jailed for lack of $100,000 bail.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and the recovered items are being documented and prepared to be viewed by the victims.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.