Couple arrested in connection with Addison County break-insAugust 01,2013Staff Reports
ADDISON - An Addison couple was arrested this week as part an ongoing police investigation on 103 reports of burglary in Addison County, police said.
Raymond Ritchie, 37, and his girlfriend Nicole Burgos, 29, were taken into custody Wednesday after police seized numerous items that were believed to be stolen at Ritchie's home on Algonquin Drive in Addison.
Police said during a second search of the house thousands of items were recovered including jewelry, silver and sports memorabilia.
Ritchie was charged with three counts of unlawful trespass and three counts of possession of stolen property. Additional charges may be forthcoming for Ritchie related to the burglaries and thefts.
Burgos was charged with one felony count of marijuana cultivation and is set to appear in court Aug. 26.
Ritchie appeared Thursday in criminal court in Middlebury and pleaded innocent to the charges against him. He was ordered
jailed for lack of $100,000 bail.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and the recovered items are being documented and prepared to be viewed by the victims.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.