Dangerous new drug in Rutland City, police warnAugust 01,2013Staff Report
Rutland Police say there is a new and dangerous combination of drugs in the city - a pill capsule mixture of methamphetamine, ecstasy, heroin and perhaps crack cocaine as well.
Less than a week after police seized 18 pills filled with that mixture during a traffic stop in Rutland, a rapid-fire number of drug overdoses Wednesday have city police worrying that drug cocktail is gaining a foothold in the community and that more overdoses might follow.
None of the six overdoses reported Wednesday proved fatal but city police Detective Sgt. James Tarbell said it was only a matter of time until the combination killed someone.
"When you introduce a depressant and a stimulant into you body at the same time, your body isn't built for that," Tarbell said.
"It's gonna be a mess."MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER - The Vermont State Police have come up with a form to guide employees on how to... Full StoryBURLINGTON - Burlington police say a motorist was killed in a weather-related crash involving a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation