Burlington city worker sues over firingThe Associated Press | August 01,2013BURLINGTON - A longtime employee of the Burlington Electric Department says she was illegally fired while recovering from surgery to remove one of her eyes.
Fifty-three-year-old Patricia Crowley of Williston is suing the department and its general manager in federal court. Crowley, who was the executive assistant to manager Barbara Grimes, says Grimes harassed her by calling her "wood eye" in front of other workers and then fired her without a hearing in January 2012.
Grimes denies any wrongdoing. Her lawyer, Pietro Lynn, told the Burlington Free Press that the allegations are meritless.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation