Vt. town adopts tobacco-free community policyThe Associated Press | August 01,2013SHARON - The town of Sharon isn't the first in Vermont to prohibit smoking on town-owned property, but it's going further with its new Tobacco Free Community Policy.
Vermont Public Radio reports that the town recently updated its tobacco use policy to include a statement describing its goal of protecting the health of all community members. In addition to prohibiting the use of tobacco products on town-owned property and in town-owned buildings and vehicles, the policy says the town will take other steps to discourage the use of tobacco by employees and citizens.
That includes referring employees to smoking cessation programs and giving them time and incentives to participate. The town also will urge local businesses to establish tobacco-free zones and will promote cessation and prevention programs at town-wide events.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation