GMP expanding heat pump leasesAugust 06,2013Staff Report
Green Mountain Power announced Tuesday it would expand its pilot program to lease heating equipment from 200 customers to 500.
The utility said the move was prompted by “extraordinary customer response.”
GMP will offer leases of air-source heat pumps, which use technology similar to that of air conditioners to heat houses using warmth drawn from outdoors, even on cold days. The pumps are supposed to function down to temperatures of 13 degrees below zero, and are purported to cut fuel bills by as much as 95 percent.
GMP employees began responding to calls from interested customers today, and the follow-up calls are expected to be spread over the coming weeks.MORE IN This Just InComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation