Blind man struck by car on State StreetAugust 06,2013By Brent Curtis
A blind man crossing State Street with his guide dog in Rutland on Tuesday morning was struck and knocked to the ground by a car turning left onto the street from Merchants Row, according to Rutland police.
Kevin Wood, 40, of Rutland was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center after the 8:45 a.m. incident but police say injuries to his neck and back were minor and he is expected to recover.
His dog was uninjured in the incident.
The driver of the vehicle that struck Wood, 27-year-old Chelsy Cowherd, told police that she didn't see Wood until it was too late.
Cowherd was issued a ticket after the crash for driving with a suspended driver's license and police say further motor vehicle tickets could be issued to her.MORE IN This Just InSunday evening, Grace Church initially felt and looked like a festive community celebration with... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation