Vermont Marijuana Registry says 1 certificate availableAugust 06,2013The Associated Press
MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Public Safety is taking applications from businesses that would like to apply for a certificate to open another marijuana dispensary in the state.
So far, certificates have been issued for dispensaries in Burlington, Montpelier and Brandon.
The original law authorizing the use of medical marijuana in Vermont allows up to four dispensaries.
The rules that govern the Vermont Marijuana Program govern the procedures for issuing registrations to dispensaries, identification cards to qualified patients, care givers and employees of the dispensaries.
Applications can be found on the Department of Public Safety’s website.
The closing date for applications is Sept. 3. Each application must be accompanied by a $2,500 non-refundable application fee.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation