Proctor Mansion sells at morning auctionAugust 06,2013
By Brent Curtis
The grand Proctor Mansion sold at auction this morning to a Virginia couple that entered a high bid of $437,500.
With a $40,000 additional expense for furnishings in the estate and a 10 percent fee for the company that conducted the auction, new owners Puneet and Christine Rikhy paid $525,525 for the historic home.
Bidding started at $200,000 with only three of the roughly half-dozen people who registered for the auction making bids on the property. Auctioneer Keith Davis said the closing date for the sale is Sept. 3.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation