Man killed in Brattleboro crashAugust 06,2013Man killed in
BRATTLEBORO — Police say a 51-year-old Wilmington man has died of injuries suffered in a weekend crash in the Vermont town of Brattleboro that followed a police chase.
Brattleboro police say Robert Avallone was airlifted to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center following the Saturday morning crash on Route 9.
Another occupant of the car, 38-year-old Jennifer Flagg, also of Wilmington, was airlifted to the Albany Medical Center where she is reported to be in stable condition.
Police say the car Avallone and Flagg were in refused to stop for police early Saturday. Police broke off the pursuit because of the speed the vehicle reached.
It was later discovered the car had crashed.
Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the crash.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.